We are committed to ensuring and promoting fairness, equal rights and diversity. Reviewed by Practice Manager 15.02.2022 next review 15.02.2023
We aim to create a service that within our practice:
- Acknowledges, promotes and celebrates the diversity that exists in our practice and wider society today.
- Attracts and employs people who reflect the diverse communities we serve.
- Strives to ensure that all children and their families have equal opportunities, equal access and are treated with equal concern.
- Challenges positively all discrimination in terms of: culture, race, colour, religion, language, gender, health, ability, disability, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, family structure and any other factor which cannot be justified.
This means that we are committed to:
- Raising awareness of fairness, equality and inclusion at all levels and promoting high quality practice in all areas.
- Continually reviewing and developing our recruitment procedures to enable us to develop a divers workforce.
- Ensuring that our employees, service users, patients, partners and colleagues, including children and families, are treated with equal concern and feel valued, respected and empowered.
- Ensuring that all areas of our activity are free from all forms of discrimination, prejudice and stereotyping.
- Promoting the value of a diverse society.
- Meeting obligations of the various acts of Parliament relating to equality and inclusion.
We will implement this policy through and Equality Strategy which will define:
- Identified gaps.
- Clear accountability and responsibility for implementation.
- Monitoring processes to ensure these have been achieved.